The Rural Works! internship program supports NC State’s commitment to social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina by offering an engaging internship experience for high-caliber students who work with employers to achieve their workplace goals in rural Tier 1 counties–places with vibrant histories, tremendous opportunities, but significant challenges.
- An orientation training session will be provided for participants to ensure a successful and meaningful internship experience.
- During the 8-10 week summer internship, participants will complete a minimum of 8 hours of service or engagement in the community to gain a better understanding of the counties history and culture.
- Participants will receive professional development coaching and support from the Rural Works! Coordinator during their internship experience.
- Throughout the internship, the Rural Works! Coordinator as well as local NC State Cooperative Extension employees in the county will be available to assist the participant.
- Upon completion of the internship, participants have the opportunity to attend career readiness workshops providing them with strategies for articulating their internship experience on their resume and during interviews.
The internship program seeks undergraduate students with a variety of majors, backgrounds, and skills. All internships pay a minimum of $10/hour and include opportunities with private, public, and nonprofit employers in rural counties.
Rural Works! was created by a partnership between the Division of Academic and Student Affairs, the Office of Outreach and Engagement, and NC State Cooperative Extension.
Please visit http://go.ncsu.edu/rural-works for more information and to apply.